how to become a
how to become a
Band Together Partnerships
Each year, Band Together selects a different nonprofit in our area to partner with and improve our community. We strive to make the Triangle and our state the best place to live, work, play and raise a family… for everyone.
Shortly after our founding in 2001, we decided to focus our efforts on social causes in our community. Through the generous support of corporate and individual sponsors, the hard work of our nearly 100% volunteer family, and our carefully selected nonprofit partnerships, we’ve raised more than $9 million since we started.
Our annual nonprofit selection is a detailed and thorough process that vets the needs, goals, opportunities, sustainability and financials of potential 501(c)3 organizations who apply. Once selected, partners embark on a more than 1-year collaboration to strengthen fundraising, build organizational capacity and raise brand awareness.
Our Goal: Partnership Philanthropy
Partnership philanthropy is when two organizations come together to combine forces for the good of the community. Through our partnerships, we help our nonprofits realize their full potential. We share best practices and motivate them to reach their biggest dreams so we can help more people in our community, sustainably.
4 Stages of Partnership:
Step 1: Get to Know Us
Take the time to get to know Band Together through volunteering or by joining us at an event. The more familiar you are with the Band Together organization, the better your understanding of our future partnership will be.
Step 2: Selection Process
Our annual nonprofit selection is a detailed and thorough process that vets the needs, goals, opportunities, sustainability and financial stability of potential 501(c)3 organizations who apply. The entire selection process runs from the late summer until November. View a sample of a previous timeline here.
Timeline (example dates)
- Tuesday, July 18, 5:30-7:00 p.m. – Q&A Meeting. YMCA of the Triangle Corporate Offices at 801 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27607
- Friday, August 4 at 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to submit your Letter of Intent. NOTE: Letters of Intent received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, August 18 – All nonprofits will be notified via email if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Nonprofits who qualify will be invited to submit a formal application (the official application will be sent with the invite email).
- Friday, September 15 at 5:00 p.m. – Formal application deadline. NOTE: Applications received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, September 29 – All nonprofits will be notified by phone if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Finalists will be invited to set up site visits and make a presentation to the Band Together Board of Directors and key event leaders.
- October 2 – October 27 – Select Band Together board members and event leaders will schedule site visits with each finalist.
- October 23-27 – meet with finalists to prepare for presentations (discuss process, expectations & retreat dates). Location TBD.
- Wednesday, November 1 at 5:00 p.m. – Finalists make presentations to Band Together. Each finalist will give a 15-minute presentation and then 15 minutes of Q&A.
- Thursday, November 2 – Finalists are notified via a phone call if they have been selected as the 2019 Partner
Step 3: Selected Partner
Once selected, partners embark on a more than 1-year collaboration. To start, your nonprofit will be “on deck” while we are engaged with the current year partner. This is a great time to really learn about Band Together. We strongly encourage our partners, along with their staff, donors and board members to attend events and volunteer along the way.
Step 4: Current Year Partner
Our goals through partnership are to strengthen fundraising, build organizational capacity and raise brand awareness for our annual partner. We will “embed” with your organization, spending many days working side-by-side to raise funds and awareness. Our expectations: transparency, collaboration and a whole lot of fun.
Join our Roadie Email List
Thank You to our 2019 Sponsors
Want to get involved with Band Together? Have a question about an upcoming event? Let us know how we can help.