- Our $2 Million Night is a Wrap
- Our 2016 Partner – Kidznotes
- 2017 Partner Selection Timeline
- Jack the Radio – New Album Release Show
- End of the Summer Shows
Our $2 Million Night is a Wrap
As we prepare to move into our next partner year, we couldn’t be more proud of the results of our 2015 partnership with StepUp Ministry and the fun we had along the way. Thanks to the hard work of our volunteers, the generosity of our sponsors and donors, and the support of fans we are able to celebrate raising $2 million with StepUp.
A little severe weather couldn’t stop the partying or the music, even with a brief break in the shelter of the Raleigh Convention Center. Michael Franti & Spearhead put on an amazing show, with Franti venturing into the crowd several times and even inviting kids up on stage at one point. Big shout outs also to our other bands that put on great shows despite the weather – Fat Cheek Kat, Elliot Root and Big Sam’s Funky Nation. And a special thank you to our other partner in this endeavor, the City of Raleigh/Red Hat Amphitheater who made our return downtown possible.
Thanks to our friends at Trimark Digital for another beautiful video. Be sure to check out all the great pics from the concert HERE.
Our 2016 Partner – Kidznotes
Now that we’ve wrapped up our 2015 concert, it’s time to look ahead to the year to come and our exciting partnership with Kidznotes. Simply put, Kidznotes changes lives through music – and that resonated with us. Inspired by “El Sistema” (the international movement of music for social change from Venezuela), Kidznotes changes the life trajectory of underserved K-12 students through orchestral training. During the 2014-15 school year, 315 students were enrolled in Kidznotes and received more than 300 hours of instruction at eight sites in Durham and Raleigh.
In 2016, Band Together and Kidznotes aim to raise more than $1 million. Proceeds raised during the 2016 partnership year will be used to expand the number of students served by Kidznotes in Durham and Raleigh to 600 by the 2016-17 school year – an addition of nearly 300 students over two years to Kidznotes’ current roster. Kidznotes’ strategic plan and vision includes serving 1,000 students in Durham and Raleigh by 2020.
To see Kidznotes mission in action, check out their Saturday Showcase in either Durham or Raleigh, starting September 19.
2017 Partner Selection Timeline
Thanks to all the nonprofits that came out to our Selection Process Q&A Session – and thanks to Atlantic BT for hosting us! The process is just starting, and here’s a reminder of the next steps ahead:
- Friday, August 14 at 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to submit your Letter of Intent.
- Friday, August 28 – All nonprofits will be notified via email if they have been selected to move forward in the process. Qualifying nonprofits will be invited to submit a formal application – which will be sent with the invite email.
- Friday, September 25 at 5:00 p.m. – Formal application deadline. Applications received after this time will not be reviewed.
- Friday, October 9 – All nonprofits will be notified by phone if they have been selected to move forward in the process.
- October 12 –30 – Select Band Together board members and event leaders will schedule site visits with each finalist.
- November 2 – 5 –Finalists meet at Atlantic BT to prepare for presentations (discuss process & expectations)
- Tuesday, November 10 at 5:00 p.m. – Finalists present to Band Together at Atlantic BT. Each finalist will give a 15 minute presentation and then 15 minutes of Q&A.
- Friday, November 13 – Finalists are notified via a phone call if they have been selected as the 2017 Partner.
2014 Last Band Standing winner Jack the Radio are releasing their first studio album in over three years – Badlands – and they’ve invited Band Together to the party on October 16 at Lincoln Theatre. Find out more about the album, the event and make plans to join us by visiting our event page, HERE.
Summer’s creeping to a close, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still sneak in a little free music. Great shows coming to American Tobacco Campus, including friends like American Aquarium and Chatham County Line.
- Aug 6 – Brittany Marie (Country Tribute) with Lowderstill and the Aaron Gallagher Band
- Aug 20 – Coconut Groove Band (Yacht Rock / Jimmy Buffett Tribute) with Jump Mountain and My Brother, My Sister
- Aug 13 – Music Maker All Star Revue
- Aug 27 – American Aquarium
- Sept 10 – Chatham County Line
- Aug 6 – The Embers feat. Craig Woolard
Town of Cary – Starlight Concert Series
- Fridays through Oct 23, 5pm 8m
Deep South the Bar – Several free 21+ shows after Red Hat concerts. Check out their CALENDAR for more info.